Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sleepless in Saigon

Well not right now, the title refers to my first few weeks in Vietnam when I was still in Ho Chi Minh City. I found these phone photo's I took in those first few weeks today, most of them are "look mom a Vietnamese something something" while others are basically "oooo this phone can do panorama shots...".

As this blog is coming to an end, as soon as I have the heart to write the last entry, I thought to share a few captured moments of my time in Saigon. Gets me all nostalgic about being such a fresh off the boat determined expat, traveler, tourist, explorer, country leaver or whatever label I had hanging around my terrified expression at the time. Good times.


Look mom, my first street food experience


Waking up to a fire next door and day 4 (I doubt that actually told my worrying mother about this at the time)... so, uhm, look mom a fire, from long ago.


look mom, a photo of Saigon at night


After living with showers over toilets for more than a year and a half this doesn't seem as strange as it was at the time


Fellow TEFL peeps at Le Pub


The impressive accomplishment of dining alone in a foreign country (what else is there to do other than take a picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment